Looking for ways to connect your PS4 controller to a PC? Here are a few methods to do so, including Bluetooth, Steam, and more.
There are a few ways to connect a PS4 controller to a PC. The most common way is to use a micro USB cable. You can also use Bluetooth to connect your controller wirelessly to your PC.
Way to connect a PS4 controller to a PC
- Through USB wire.
- Via Bluetooth for wireless connection.
- Using wireless adapter.
- Via steam.
1. Connect through USB cable
The USB connection is the most straightforward way to connect your PS4 controller to your PC. All you need is a free USB port on your computer and a mini-USB cable, which you probably got with your PS4. Simply connect the two and the PS4 controller should start working.
For more information on types of PS4 controller cords.
2. Connect wirelessly with Bluetooth
If your computer has Bluetooth, you can connect your PS4 controller wirelessly. This is probably the best way to connect, since it doesn’t tie up a USB port.
To do this, put your PS4 controller into pairing mode by holding down the Share and PS buttons at the same time. Then, on your computer, open the Bluetooth settings and look for a device called “Wireless Controller.” Connect to that and you should be good to go.
3. Connect PS4 controller using wireless adapter to a PC
The final way to connect your PS4 controller to your PC is with a wireless adapter. This is a small dongle that plugs into your USB port and lets you connect your controller wirelessly. You’ll need to buy an adapter, but they’re not too expensive.
Once you have it, put your PS4 controller into pairing mode by holding down the Share and PS buttons at the same time. Then, on your computer, open the Bluetooth settings and look for a device called “Wireless Controller.” Connect to that and you should be good to go.
4. Connecting via steam
- Download and install Steam on your PC if you don’t it.
- Connect your PS4 controller to your PC using a USB cable.
- Open Steam app and click on the big picture mode (near the top-right) on Steam client window.
- In big picture mode, open settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- The scroll-down a bit to see the controller settings.
- The select the PlayStation Configuration Support. Make sure to check check the box next to PS4 Configuration Support.
- Then your controller will appear in the Detected Controllers. Simply click on that.
- Click OK
- Your PS4 controller is now connected to your PC.
If you’re having calibration issues, then follow this on How to calibrate PS4 controller.